Commercial and Industrial
- Project: Solar Institute Research Facility, UNSW Kensington Campus
- Location: UNSW Kensington Campus
- Construction Date: 2010-2011
- Client: University of New South Wales and Bovis Lend Lease
- Design & Construct: Bovis Lend Lease
Solar Institute Research Facility, UNSW Kensington Campus
UNSW commissioned Bovis Lend Lease to design and construct the Solar Institute Research Facility at their Kensington Campus. AMA were engaged to provide expert advice and design and document the laboratory for the Pilot Line process equipment. AMA also designed and documented the layout for the services reticulation which was critical to this project. The laboratory had to be carefully planned to accommodate a highly complex network of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical services. The project was very successful, solar studies have been underway for some time and the pilot line equipment is due to be installed in 2012.